How I Got Stranded

I'm a born and bred New York City gal who fell in love and wound up in Cleveland.

But maybe we should back up a little...

I've always loved Manhattan. After college, I moved back to NYC where I got my Masters and landed a corporate job. I had my ideal life....nights out with friends, more restaurants than can be counted, concerts in Central Park, and much more, all in The City That Never Sleeps.

After I returned to the city, I met "Mr. Stranded." He was handsome, funny and so down-to-earth, that I instantly fell in love.  He easily made me laugh and brought out the lighter side of me.

We had been dating for a while when he received a job offer in Cleveland.  It was one that he couldn't refuse.  We did long-distance between New York and Cleveland for five months before he proposed. My family and friends could not have happier for us, but there was a collective gasp when I announced that Mr. Stranded was not moving back to Manhattan, but that I would be joining him in Cleveland.

What a change!!!!! Life went from Met Galas to weekends at Home Depot. I'm the type of person who needs to be busy at all times. So I quickly set out to make new friends, throw a few dinner parties and pick up some new hobbies.

Turns out Cleveland isn't so bad. Don't get me wrong - it's not New York. But now I have plenty of time to cook, decorate, work on some projects, but most importantly, be with Mr. Stranded. Spending a weekend at Home Depot together is better than living in Manhattan without him.

So as I keep myself busy in Cleveland, I'll share my recipes and projects with you. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to contact me, feel free to reach me by e-mail: MrsStranded@gmail.com