Powder Room Makeover | Decorating | Small Half Bathroom

We have a teeny-tiny powder room.  Calling it a small half-bathroom would be an exaggeration.  It is that miniscule!  But it is cute, charming, and most importantly, functional.

When we moved into the house, the powder room had floor to ceiling pink, marbleized wallpaper with a rose wallpaper border.

BEFORE

BEFORE


I wanted to open up the space as much as possible, so I chose a light grey paint for the walls and yellow as the accent color.  I tried to keep the decor minimal.  I changed the light fixture with a more modern one from Home Depot.  I also bought a glass shelf from Pottery Barn to keep the "open" feel. 

AFTER


AFTER

I was so pleased with the openness of the glass shelf, I continued the idea to the tissues.  I found this interesting tissue ring by Vessel Toro at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, but wasn't crazy about putting the tissues directly on the toilet lid.  So I bought a glass guest towel holder from Pottery Barn and put the tissues inside.




Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out!




2 comments:

Lalla said... [Reply]

Really love the look of the ring and open holder. It gives it a clean, uncluttered look. I also have the tissues inside my vanity drawer. The ring keeps them in place. Great idea!
Lalla

Jen-uinely Inspired said... [Reply]

LOVE the transformation! What difference.