Kids Luggage Tags | DIY | Preppy and Girlie Luggage Tags

I made these fun luggage tags for my nieces.  It's a fairly simple and inexpensive craft that personalizes a gift and dresses up a bag.

Here's how I did it.

I created a design template using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher.  They were fairly simple and straight-forward designs.  I made a flowery, girly design for Niece C.  And a preppy, argyle design for Niece A.  I'm happy to share my templates with anyone.  Just post a comment and I'll email it to you. (UPDATE - I think I may have accidentally deleted the templates.  I'll update the post if I find them.)

I printed out the designs on a color printer, cut them out and folded them down the middle.


I wanted to make them heavier.  My printer wouldn't print on the thicker stock, so I decided to Mod Podge them to some cardboard from a shoe box.  If you don't know Mod Podge, let me be the first to introduce you.  Mod Podge is the best glue around for crafts.  It won't be the last time you see Mod Podge pop up on this blog.


I mod podged both luggage tags to the cardboard and let it dry.


Once dry, I used a paper cutter to cut the excess cardboard.


I then laminated the luggage tag and trimmed the borders.  If you don't have a laminating machine, don't worry.  The peel off sheets work just as well.


I needed to make a hole for the eyelet.  I used an Eyelet Tool to punch the hole.  Make sure that you always put sufficient padding on top of any surface before using an eyelet tool as it may damage the surface.


I then inserted the eyelet.


And lastly the ribbon.  Voila!  Easy, simple, cute. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Cute bags. Where did you get them?

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

Anonymous, thanks for your comment and interest in the bags. I made them as well and it's simple to do. I'll post instructions for the bags tomorrow.

Tan said... [Reply]

too cute! I would love both of your templates please.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

Tan - I'm so sorry, but I just checked my older files and can't find the templates. If I come across them, I'm be sure to send them to you. Sorry about that!

luggage tags said... [Reply]

Best information on luggage tags in this matter. Quality of the content is quite trendiest.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

These are adorable! Very clever and I like the tip about the eyelet as I would not have known to do that. Thank you for sharing.

Is it possible to get the template for the tag and the instructions for the bag?

thank you so much!!!