Frizzled Spinach | Recipe | Garnish | Snowy Day Menu

Frizzled spinach is normally fried, but to cut down on the fat (and work!), I pop the leaves in the oven. This baked version comes out crispy and has a fraction of the calories.  It's a great pairing for osso buco or any other highly flavored meat.


Frizzled Spinach Recipe
Yields: 4 garnishes

Spinach, 1/2 bag
Garlic Powder

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place Silpat on large baking sheet or coat lightly with cooking spray.
3. Distribute spinach leaves in a single layer on cooking sheet
4. Sprinkle with garlic salt
5. Bake in oven 7-9 minutes, until crispy
6. Carefully remove using a plastic spatula

If you're using this recipe to pair with Osso Buco, put the spinach in the oven during the last 10 minutes of the osso buco's cooking time. 


2 comments:

Popeye said... [Reply]

I have a small child, Sweat Pea, who is not a spinach eater, and it really breaks my heart as it is kind of a family tradition. I am excited about this recipe, and I think it will do the trick to make her a spinach lover such as myself. Thank Mrs. Stranded!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

Popeye, does Sweet Pea have a pesky older sibling that likes to tease her like I do? If so, tell her she needs to eat her spinch so she can grow strong and knock her sibling's socks off. Hugs and kisses, Mrs. Stranded