Snowy Day Menu | Osso Buco | Winter Menu Design

I love throwing dinner parties, but one of the hardest things for me is coming up with a cohesive menu that is a well-balanced meal, colorful on the plate and most importantly, delicious.  As I come up with successful menus with rave reviews, I'll be sure to post them.

During the winter months, it snows here almost every day.  We had some friends over for dinner one of our many snowy nights and this menu hit the spot.  It still has high-quality ingredients and if the presentation is right, can be a lovely and elegant meal.


Click on links below to be redirected to the recipe.  For those items without links, recipes will be posted soon.





Snowy Day Dinner Menu

Hors D'Oeuvres
2. Stuffed Mushrooms
3. Prosciutto-Wrapped Dates
4. Polenta Bites
5. Mixed Marinated Olives


Starter
Grilled Vegetable Stack with Balsamic Reduction


Entree
Veal Osso Buco
Parmesan Risotto
Frizzled Spinach


Dessert
Warm Apple Crumble

2 comments:

Fungus Among Us said... [Reply]

I had a friend who wanted to serve truffles within polenta bites but could not find European grown ones. Would your menu work if I used truffles? Do you have any advice?

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

Fungus Among Us, the only other truffles available at specialty stores are Chinese truffles. Truffles from China are FAR inferior and I would not recommend them. Having tried them myself, they taste like dirt and are not a good substitute for European truffles. My advice - scrap the truffle idea altogether and use porcini mushrooms.