Tahini and Ginger Sugar Snap Peas | Recipe | Quick & Easy

I didn't realize I hadn't posted many veggie recipes until someone made a request for more.  Mr. Stranded and I are HUGE veggie eaters and we're always experimenting.  So here's a veggie recipe to start.  It won't be the last.

This was a true experiment.  I bought a bottle of tahini paste (sesame paste) for a hummus recipe and I've been trying to find new ways of using it.  Mr. Stranded and I both agreed this recipe was a keeper.  I'll admit they don't look pretty. But this has a nice flavor and was an enjoyable side.


Tahini and Ginger Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
Yields: 4 servings

8 oz sugar snap peas, tips and strings removed
1/2 Tbsp tahini paste
1 tsp grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp soy sauce

1. Bring a pan filled with water to a boil.  Add snap peas and boil for 5-7 minutes, until tender-crisp.  Drain and shock with cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Combine tihini paste through soy sauce in a small bowl.  Transfer snap peas to a serving bowl and pour tahini mixture over snap peas.  Stir well to coat peas completely.

2 comments:

Kirsten said... [Reply]

Recipe sounds interesting. Do you think it work as well with green beans?

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

Kirsten, yes, I think green beans would work as well. If you try it, let me know how it goes!