Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus | Recipe | Elegant Dinner Party Menu
These pretty asparagus bundles are great for dinner parties. They're easy to serve and look pretty on a plate. If you'd rather not have bundles, chop bacon and sprinkle over asparagus instead of wrapping the asparagus, and continue following the recipe.
Make sure to make extra for left-overs. These bundles are even better the next day.
Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
Yields: 6-9 bundles
1 lb asparagus, tough ends snapped off
6-9 strips bacon
1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 426 degrees F.
2. Combine olive oil through salt in a small bowl. Whisk together.
3. Place asparagus on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil. Pour oil mixture over asparagus and toss to coat completely.
4. Wrap one piece of bacon around 3-5 spears (depending on thickness of spears) to create a bundle and place bundle flap side down on the cookie sheet. If serving later, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before baking.
5. Bake in oven 20-25 minutes. For crispier bacon, finish off under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.