2. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil over High heat, approx 15 minutes. Watch it carefully. You do not want it to boil over and lose all of your spices.
3. As soon as it comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer, 2-1/2 hours. General rule of thumb is to simmer the brisket for 50 minutes/lb.
4. Remove from water and let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Tent with foil to keep warm.
5. Always slice corned beef against the grain. For Point Cut corned beef, cut it straight across. For Flat Cut corned beef, cut it at a diagonal.
6. Serve along with mustard.
We like both grain mustard and Dijon mustard, so I usually serve it with both. We love variety!