St. Patrick's Day Party | Menu | Irish Menu Design


Top 'o the mornin' to ya!  Ok, so I'm not Irish.  And it's not the morning.  But St. Patrick's Day is as good an excuse as any to have a dinner party!  But before I get into that, let me tell you that this party was a labor of love.  I had a business trip on the West Coast and took the red eye home Thursday night/Friday morning so I would have enough time to put together the dinner and all of the crafts before Sunday.  Brilliant plan, except I forgot that I live in Cleveland....where it snows...all the time.  My flight back to Cleveland was cancelled due to our latest snow storm and I was stranded at the airport.  I finally made it home, exhausted and bleary-eyed, but scraped up enough energy to make an easy dinner, some quick appetizers and a few crafts.

The picture montage above is a sneak-peak of what's to come. 

All my time "stranded" at the airport wasn't a complete waste of time.  I used that time to design the menu.  Recipe links are below.

St. Patrick's Day Dinner Menu

Hors D'Oeuvres  - The theme of these Hors D'Oeuvres was green and orange. 


1. Cheese Board: Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese made with Irish Stout and green grapes
2. Pesto Puff Pastry Spirals
3. Green Olive Tapenade on Multi-Grain Toasted Baguette
4. Sweet Pea and Mint Hummus with Green Crudites
5. Pistachio-Apricot Canapes
6. Green and Orange Roasted Peppers

Soup
Potato-Leek Soup

Bread
Irish Soda Bread

Salad
Cashel cheese, dried currants, apple, mixed greens with a Sherry vinaigrette

Entree
Corned Beef

Sides
Braised Cabbage
Rosemary Carrots

Dessert
Guinness Brownies with Pistachio Ice Cream

Party Favor
Shamrock Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing


Click here for Table Decor, Centerpiece and Place Card ideas.

0 comments: