I truly hope you give this recipe a try. You'll soon forget about Eggplant Parmesan once you try Eggplant with Manchego Cheese, Oregano and Balsamic Glaze.
3. Bake 35 minutes; let cool.
4. Coat baking dish with oil. Layer eggplant, cheese and oregano. Repeat layers until all eggplant slices have been used. Finish last layer with just eggplant slices; do not top last layer with cheese, nor oregano. (If preparing ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Return to room temperature before continuing.)
5. Return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until bubbling.
6. In the meantime, make the balsamic reduction; bring the vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over Medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and reduce by half. The vinegar will thicken as it cools. (Will store for months in the refrigerator. Cover well with plastic wrap.)
7. Remove eggplants from oven and drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.