"Caprese" Cucumber Salad | Recipe | Quick & Easy

I don't know what to call this salad.  It's kind of like a caprese salad, but it has cucumbers and red onions.  Whatever it should be called, it has a great combination of flavors and is refreshing on a Spring night.  It takes no time to prepare and makes a nice side dish.

"Caprese" Cucumber Salad Recipe
Yields: 4-6 servings

4 tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
pearl-sized mozzarella balls, 6 oz
1/4 c basil, sliced
1/2 c red onion, sliced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper

1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella, basil and red onion.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and garlic.  Pour into large bowl with tomatoes and cucumbers.  Season with salt and pepper.  Toss well to combine.

4 comments:

Miss T said... [Reply]

colour city! gorgeous! I love those little mozza balls!!! You are working so hard at the moment! love it! keep 'em coming!
Hope you had a tremendous Easter
T xx

Miss T said... [Reply]

was that too many '!' ?
I meant every single one of them
T x

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Miss TI'm all about exclamation points!!! Shows excitement. The more the better! Easter was wonderful. Hope yours was too!!

Mary said... [Reply]

I love the colors of your salad. This is my first visit to your site and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary