Prosciutto-Wrapped Mango and Avocado Bites | Recipe | Mango Hors D'oeuvre


I'm a big fan of prosciutto.  I'm crazy about mango.  And who doesn't like a ripe avocado?  So why not combine the three?


These easy hors d'oeuvres are sweet due to the mango, salty from the prosciutto and creamy with the avocado.  The mint gives it a fresh flavor.  They make great finger foods and look pretty when presented.  I suggest making these the day of your party and not prior. 

Thinly sliced prosciutto is usually placed between sheets of waxed paper.  I suggest keeping the piece of prosciutto on the waxed paper when peeling apart the slices, and slice through the prosciutto and waxed paper lengthwise to create the thin slices.  It's tougher to slice the prosciutto once it's been separated from the waxed paper.

Also, mango can be tricky to pit.  This mango splitter is a very useful tool.

Prosciutto-Wrapped Mango and Avocado Bites Recipe
Yields: 12 bites

1 ripe mango
1 ripe avocado
12 fresh mint leaves
6 prosciutto slices, cut in half lengthwise
1 lemon, cut in half
Freshly cracked pepper

1. Peel mango using a potato peeler.  Cut mango in half and remove pit.  Slice both mango and avocado into 12 equal slices.  Squeeze one half lemon over avocado slices. 
2. Layer one slice mango, avocado and one mint leaf.
3. Lay bundle on top of one prosciutto slice and roll up.  Arrange on serving platter.
4. Squeeze remaining lemon over bundles.  Finish off with some freshly cracked pepper.



2 comments:

andrea chiu said... [Reply]


The food is absolutely amazing. I hope I could taste and cook that in actual, maybe if I have much time since I am so busy working. Anyways, thanks for sharing your article. God Bless and have a good day. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

joy said... [Reply]

Hi, just passing by to see something very interesting and gladly I've found it here. Thank you for your wonderful article it really helped me a lot. You can also visit my site if you have time.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net