Beer-Battered Bananas | Recipe | Banana Fritters

These are really good.  Try them.

I guess I should give you a little bit more of a description...

When I was still in New York, I had a dinner party for my grad school friends.  This particular party was one for the record books.  It seemed we had a limitless supply of beer and wine.  While the details of the night are hazy, I remember it being a great party.

Not long ago, one of my friends and her husband came to visit us in Cleveland.  She was telling Mr. Stranded about this legendary night and said the highlight was, "...these ooey, gooey banana fritters."  I had completely forgotten about them, but she was right.  They were good.

My friend's description is spot on.  It has a crispy shell with a soft, ooey, gooey banana on the inside.  These are really good.  Try them.

Beer-Battered Banana Fritters Recipe
Yields: 4 servings

1 c flour
3/4 c beer
1/4 c vegetable oil
4 ripe bananas
powdered sugar

1. Whisk together flour and beer until smooth.  It should be thick and sticky.
2. Peel bananas.  Cut in half lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise.
3. Heat oil over Medium-Heat heat in a large frying pan. 
4. Dip banana pieces in batter; turn to coat completely.
5. Working in batches, add bananas and cook until coating is golden brown and crisp, 90 seconds per side.  Remove to paper towels to drain.
6. Dust with powdered sugar.  Serve warm.

1 comments:

montanawildflower said... [Reply]

Oh, those do look amazingly delicious!