Cinco de Mayo Party | Menu | Mexican Menu Design



FIESTA!  We had our Cinco de Mayo party this weekend.  Granted it's a few days late, but this party was such as blast, it's still worth posting.  To give you an idea, the party started off with a guest arriving wearing a huge fake black mustache...and the night just kept getting better from there.

What made this party particularly fun was that it was a collaborative effort - both in planning and execution.  Work and life have been particularly busy, so a couple of my girlfriends came over early to give me a hand.  It was the first time I've had "guests chefs" in my kitchen, aside from my mom.  It was fantastic!  We laughed the entire afternoon as we cooked and decorated.  And, it was very important that we "tested" all the drinks in advance. We had our own mini-party before the party!  And before we knew it, we were a well-oiled machine: recipes cooked, plated and garnished.  Done!

The recipes we made were authentic Mexican, rather simple to prepare and 100% delicious.  We were so stuffed from the hors d'oeuvres, that it took quite some time for people to regain their appetites.  Click on the links below to be redirected to recipes.  For those dishes without links, recipes will be posted in the next few days.

Disclaimer: I don't speak Spanish, so please excuse any mistakes in the menu design.  I tried my best! Click on menu to enlarge.  Click here to see table décor.



Cinco de Mayo Dinner Menu

Hors D'Oeuvres




Bean and Corn Salsa



Easy Guacamole




Individual Nachos




Baked Jalapeno Poppers






Starter




Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup







Taco Bar


Carne Asada






Spicy Shredded Chicken






Pico de Gallo







Mexican Rice





Sides



Zucchini with Roasted Peppers, Corn and Cream







Black, Yellow and Red Salad with Lime Vinaigrette







Swiss Chards with Tomatoes and Potatoes





Dessert



Beer-Battered Fried Plantains


Flan






Margaritas





Watermelon Margarita









Lime Margarita

2 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Your menu cards are so interesting. Where did you find the graphics for them?

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Anonymous I designed the menu cards graphics myself, although I was inspired by Boatman Geller's Banner Fiesta invitations. I love their stuff! I'd be happy to upload the menu template if you're interested.