Last week I was awarded my very first blog award, "The Versatile Blogger Award," by Shana at Creating My Sanctuary. Thanks, Shana! What a nice surprise!
I've been told there are a few rules to accepting this award:
1. Thank the person who awarded you (well, that's just good manners!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 discovered bloggers
So here we go...
7 Things About Me (completely random facts):
1. I sneeze in 3s and 4s. Never 1s or 2s. I don't know why. It's been that way my entire life.
2. Once I have a project in mind, there's no stopping me. Mr. Stranded has learned it's much easier to help me than try to dissuade me.
3. I'm a very social person. If there's a get-together - count me in! I'm always up for a good time.
4. Coming from a large family, I relish the sound of laughter and lots of conversations occurring at once. Polite, quiet dinners, while lovely, make me a tad uncomfortable.
5. I'm slightly neurotic. When we were first married, Mr. Stranded would wake up on weekend mornings to find me washing the baseboards, polishing silver or doing some other task he found pointless. I've gotten much better and have learned that weekends are meant for sleeping in...well, at least until 8am.
6. Shockingly, I've never had stitches or broken any bones (knock on wood.)
7. On certain Saturday mornings, I tutor inner-city high school students. While I'll help out wherever there's a need, my favorite subject is Algebra.
Awarding Discovered Blogs
Awarding 15 bloggers and asking them to do the same feels almost like "blogging chain-mail," so I am breaking that rule. Instead, I'm recognizing and awarding 7 fabulous blogs, in no particular order. If these wonderful bloggers would like to pass it on, fantastic! But they should not feel obligated.