Peach Bellini | Recipe | Alice's Tea Cup

Alice's Tea Cup is a restaurant, now chain, in Manhattan that offers up wonderful afternoon tea with a variety of treats.  It's owned by sisters Haley and Lauren Fox, and lucky for me, they've written a cookbook with over 100 recipes. 

If you haven't checked out their book, Alice's Tea Cup, it's worth a look.  There are a number of wide-ranging recipes from brunch to lunch to desserts to drinks.  I was thrilled to come across the following peach bellini recipe.  Gives an interest twist on this old classic!  The book's recipe is for one serving, but I adjusted it to serve eight.

Peach Bellini Recipe
Yields: 8 drinks

3 heaping Tbsp Peach Tea leaves
1 c sugar
8 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
32 oz chilled champagne

1. To make peach tea syrup, steep the tea leaves in 1 c boiling-hot water for 3 minutes.  Strain tea into a container; discard leaves.  Add sugar and stir until dissolved.  Refrigerate until completely cooled before using.
2. Pour the peach syrup into a pitcher.  Add orange juice and champagne.  Mix well and pour into champagne flutes.







5 comments:

Adrienne said... [Reply]

That sounds so refreshing and not too heavy. Are Bellini's sometimes made with peach puree? If yes, I would think this version would be much better tasting as a puree would make the drink less effervescent.

Miss T said... [Reply]

I want one right now! I lourve Bellinis!!! I thought they were made with puree too, Adrienne, but how nice with tea leaves! now where on earth do I get peach tea. I willd efinitely be having one of these on Tuesday! ;)

Miss T said... [Reply]

PS: Tremendous hydrangeas too!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Adrienne Yes, bellinis are normally made with peach puree. Ths version is refreshing and worth a try. It's really lovely!

Yadi I. said... [Reply]

I had been looking for a good Bellini recipe. Most of the recipes available are too complicated. This one sounds yummy!