Insanity Saturday Update | Random | Week 3 Update

I can't believe another week has gone by!  I feel like I was just updating you yesterday on last week's progress.  I want to start off by saying thanks to everyone for your support and comments.  Knowing that you're following my progress has kept me motivated and I really appreciate it!

I'm happy to report that I completed Week 3 and I'm finally seeing measurable results! 

WEEK 3 REFLECTIONS AND RESULTS
  • Measurements
    • Hips/Butt - lost 3/8"
    • Calves - lost 1/2"
    • Waist - lost 1/2"
    • Knees - lost 3/8"
  • I was a little bored with the program this week.  I'm already sick of the same routines over and over and over again.  They're not easy, but once you've heard Shaun T make the same joke for the sixth time, it loses its luster.  Shaun T: "Why do I do this to myself?  Oh, yeah.  It's because I want to look good!"  Yeah, yeah, Shaun T.  Whatever.  Let's just finish the stretching and get it over with already.
  • Mr. S reminded me that next week is the last week of the easy DVDs and then we start new ones that are supposed to be even harder, so just be happy we're still on Set 1.  OK.  I will be.
  • I'm starting to miss cooking and entertaining.  I've been cooking, just not anything spectacular that I'd want to share with you, unless you're interested in how to grill a chicken breast. 
    • Since I'm not spending as much time cooking, I've been putting the extra time into practicing the piano, something I hadn't been doing as much of previously.  I do my workouts in the mornings and Mr. S does them in the evenings.  So while he's exercising, I'm learning a new song: Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C sharp minor.  I bought the sheet music right before I moved from NY and completely forgot about it.  I found it in a bag the other day.  It's not terribly difficult, so it's been nice feeling like I'm making progress with something.  

WEEK 3 INCENTIVE PLAN REWARD
Since I give myself a week-by-week goal, the 9-week program doesn't feel daunting and I look forward to my end-of-week reward.  I'm not really much of a shopper, so while yes, I could go out and buy these things, I probably wouldn't if it weren't for my incentive plan.

I'm excited to finally have my new faux-tortoise shell headband!  I've been looking forward to getting it, so felt the headband was enough to keep me going this week. 

Ann Taylor Loft

Week 3 down.  Six more to go!

15 comments:

Tracy Wood said... [Reply]

I am super impressed by the sound of your piano music.... I never made it that far in my piano career, although I do play piano and usually practice for hours at a time.

Miss T said... [Reply]

Im impressed with youboth - I only play air piano...

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Tracy Wood Isn't it a great feeling when you're in the grove and before you know it, a couple of hours have gone by? It often amazes me how quickly time flies when I sit down and play. I've been playing the piano for almost 25 years and it's been a huge part of my life. I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and it gets me down at times. But I also don't practice as much as I should. Whenever I'm having a bad day, it's nice to know that the piano is there waiting for me. It's a huge source of calm for me and some thing I do to relax. I know that my piano lessons were a huge sacrifice for my parents and I'm grateful to them for fostering my learning.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Miss T Haha! I'm sure you're fabulous at it! :)

Your Husband said... [Reply]

You're doing a great job with your Insanity work-out. No big surprise. Once you get an idea in your her head...

keep up the good work

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Your Husband Thanks, babe! I'm so excited to see your first comment on my blog!! And doing this together has definitely helped me stay focused. Hopefully this is the first of more comments???

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

You are doing great. I need to get back on track after the beach this week. Weight is slowly creeping up without my watching it. Hope you have had a good day.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Hines-Sight Enjoy the beach and your blogging vacation! I'm sure you'll have some great stories upon your return.

Jen-uinely Inspired said... [Reply]

I love that your husband commented on your blog! Mine has commented only once, and that was to enter his vote "no" on painting our island chairs yellow.

Congrats on the progress and lost inches! I look foward to hearing about how tape 2 goes :)

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said... [Reply]

Wow! I'm impressed. I'm a former music major (along with two other subjects), but I was a brass player. I haven't played in decades, but there are days when I really miss it.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Jen-uinely Inspired Normally he doesn't read my blog, so his comment was a really nice surprise for me! I'm excited that I'm finally seeing results. Next month is supposed to make this month look easy, so I'm dreading it.

Pattie - I saw you with a trumpet on you profile shot. Do you play any other brass instruments? I also played the organ and the alto saxaphone, but haven't played them in years.

Lisa P said... [Reply]

Hi and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Now I'm going to follow yours. I'm also "stranded" - a city girl (L.A.) now living in the country (Sonoma County) so I relate to your culture shock AND to loving it!

Kinda late to this party so I'm seeing that you're battling the pounds - as a long-time WW I surely commiserate! I'm now on vacation, trying to balance "fun" (big meals, wine and lots of sweets) with being "good" (hiking, swimming) and am not looking forward to what the scale will say when I get home.

so I look forward to getting more inspiration from you. The piano playing truly is a gift!

Adrienne said... [Reply]

You are losing inches! yay for you!

That is a darling headband. I just got a J Crew catalogue over the weekend and spent about an hour picking out all the things I want but can't afford.

That is so darn cute that "your husband" commented...I will be showing that to mine tonight! (I guess he can't comment on anyone else's blogs with a name like "Your Husband"!)

Keep up the good work! You are doing a bang up job.
xo, A

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Lisa P Lisa, thanks for becoming a follower! I have a pesky 10 lbs that I gained since moving to Cleveland that don't want to budge. The hubby and I work out regularly, but even then, the pounds seem to have been crazy-glued on. I needed a little something to jump start my metabolism, hence this crazy Insanity work-out! My goal is to fit back into my clothes so I don't need to buy a new wardrobe :)

I hope you have a great vacation! I look forward to getting to know you!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Adrienne I have to admit I'm lucky Cleveland has a limited "petite" section in most stores. Some don't carry petites at all. It helps keep my shopping to a minimum :)

I was so psyched that the hubby posted a comment! I had just read to him a couple comments that had come in, so I guess he felt inspired.