Pan-Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa | Recipe | Healthy Eating

Last night, my friend K and I went to see Glee in Concert.  Tease all you will, but we had a blast!   If you're not familiar with Glee in Concert, the cast of Glee puts on a Live performance of their hits.  We also had a surprise appearance from the Warblers.  So much fun!  I took this picture with my Blackberry.  You can't see much from the pic, but the show sure was exciting!!



Mr. Stranded said he wouldn't be caught dead at Glee in Concert and truthfully, I'm glad he didn't join us.  He would have been a pill, making fun of each song and dance move, and checking the time every 10 minutes.  I suppose some people just don't appreciate the singing and dancing skills of adults pretending to be high school students.  I left Mr. S at home to fend for himself while K and I grabbed pre-show drinks and dinner. 

And as much fun as I had, I felt a twinge of guilt when I came home and realized he had eaten the week old, left-over chicken thigh in the fridge along with some dry, crunchy old rice for dinner.  So tonight I made my man pork chops.  I haven't been cooking much lately.  And since I haven't been cooking much, I also haven't been doing any extensive grocery shopping.  Tonight's dinner was concocted with whatever I found in the fridge.  But some of my favorite recipes originated in this way. 

Pan-Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Yields: 4 pork chops

4 bone-in pork chop, about 1/2" thick
1 large pineapple, peeled and cut into 1" thick slices, divided
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1c fresh chopped parsley, divided
1 roasted red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 c red onion, diced
Salt and pepper

1. To make marinade, place half of pineapple, garlic, jalapeno pepper and 1/2 c parsley into the bowl of a food processor.  Puree until smooth.
2. Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish.  Season both sides with salt and pepper.  Pour marinade over pork chops, turning chops so that all sides are coated.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
3. In the meantime, prepare the salsa.  Heat large grill pan over Medium-High heat.  Grill pineapple about 4-5 minutes per side.  Let cool.  Once cool, cut into cubes.
4. Combine pineapple, 1/2 c parsley, red bell pepper and red onion.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. To cook the pork, heat grill pan over Medium-High heat.  Shake off marinade and grill 5-7 minutes per side.  Let rest for 10 minutes to reabsorb the juices.  Serve with salsa.

3 comments:

Tracy Wood said... [Reply]

Would I embarrass myself if I admitted that I love the Warblers? Lucky you!

I love the pineapple salsa combo.

Jen-uinely Inspired said... [Reply]

The concert sounds fun! I don't think I would have been able to drag my husband either. And your pork shop dish looks delish! My husband does the cooking in our house (I know, I'm spoiled!). He's a fire fighter, and of all fireman seem to be natural born chefs! Anyways, I will have to get him to make me this dish :)

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Tracy Wood The Warblers were my favorite part of the show. They sang three numbers and we all wanted more!

Jenny - So great that your husband is a fire fighter. I have always felt grateful to the men and women who risk their lives to keep the rest of us safe.