Insanity Saturday Update | Exercise | Week 6 Review

Can I please, please, please go back to Month 1?  I promise to laugh at all of Shaun T's jokes, not to complain about the work-outs becoming redundant and to enthusiastically start each routine rather than dread them.

This week was the first week of Month 2.  Shaun T started off the week saying he was going to "kick our butts" and that he did.  Oh...my...goodness.  If I thought Month 1 was hard, it's nothing compared to Month 2.

A few day ago, Mr. Stranded and I were crossing a parking lot and he said I was walking like an old lady.  I turned around to find him walking like an old man!   There's no denying we were in pain this week.  But through the pain, sweat and tears, we completed the week


WEEK 6 REFLECTIONS AND RESULTS
  • Weight and Measurements are disappointingly the same as last week.
  • I now realize that Month 1 was just to get us fit enough to endure Month 2.  These work-outs are intense.  They're an additional 20 minutes per day, with the average work-out being about an hour in duration.
  • I'm no longer concerned with my tight quads becuase my entire body ached this week.  Mr. Stranded reminded me that this is how we felt at the beginning of Month 1 and next week should be much easier, and that by the time Week 9 comes around, I'll be complaining again that the work-outs are redundant.  Well see...
  • I didn't eat very well this week.  Between 4th of July weekend and my parents visiting, I ate way more than any normal given day.  So maybe it's not that surprising that I didn't lose anything this week.  But at least I didn't gain, either. 

WEEK 6 INCENTIVE REWARD
This week, I was slated to buy Bruce Springsteen's Greatest Hits piano music.  I've placed the order and it should arrive next week.  Looking forward to "jamming" with my man! (Mr. Stranded, not the Boss.)

Week 6 down.  Three more to go!

3 comments:

Miss T said... [Reply]

Thats insane! I guess thats why its called the insanity work out. Baby, you were born to run!
T xx

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said... [Reply]

You are one amazing woman! I admire your tenacity.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Pattie @ Olla-Podrida Thanks, Pattie! I'm started to become a little frustrated that I'm not seeing more significant results, but I set out to complete the program and that's what I'm going to do! Just three more weeks...