Nectarine and Radish Salsa | Recipe | Appetizer Salsa

By now you know that my parents came for a visit this past weekend and we had a fantastic time.  On Saturday night, we invited the usual suspects over for a BBQ.  My mom and I cooked up a storm and somehow I forgot to take pictures!   Some of the recipes were really good and I will remake them just to share with you (such as the Chipotle Baby Back Ribs!  Really good!)

I did manage to take a picture of this Nectarine and Radish Salsa in a tortilla scoop.  It's a refreshing salsa with a nice combination of flavors.  The lime mellowed the sharpness of the radishes and the ingredient proportions were just right.  For those who don't like cilantro (as is the case with three of the people at our party,) they all agreed that the cilantro was not overpowering.  I served these along with tortilla scoops and the saltiness of the scoops added a nice touch. 

Nectarine and Radish Salsa Recipe
Yields: 4 cups

2-1/4 c (1/4") diced nectarines
1-1/2 c radishes, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
1/2 c diced cucumber
1/4 c finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
1-1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Tortilla scoops (optional)

1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well.  Allow the salsa to stand at least 30 minutes.  Can be made a day ahead.  Serve with tortilla scoops.


Source: Cooking Light

9 comments:

Adrienne said... [Reply]

That sounds very refreshing....I like a little sweetness in my salsa sometimes. Usually, if there's fruit, it's always mango - nectarine sounds much tastier.

Umm Mymoonah said... [Reply]

Love this kind of salsa, looks delicious. Happy to follow you :)

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Adrienne We love mango, but my mom's allergic. The nectarine is a nice alternative and still lends that sweetness.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Umm Mymoonah Thank you for following! I also enjoy salsas in the warmer months. No cooking needed and it's a refreshing and heathly alternative to dip.

Miss T said... [Reply]

I WANT THIS SALSA!

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Miss T It's so easy to make - you should try it!!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Hines-Sight It tasted even better than it looked!

annie said... [Reply]

Sounds like an interesting and refreshing combination!