7 Links Project

A few people have reached out lately wondering if I'm ok due to my recent lack of blogging.  I appreciate everyone's concern and figured I'd better carve out a few minutes today to let you all know that I'm happy, healthy and on the go!  Life has been...well, crazy.  We've had several guests come to visit (Thank you!  We love visitors!), I've been traveling for business, running to dinner parties, and with my free time, catching up on some much needed sleep.  It's simply been one whirlwind week followed by another.  And there's more to come. Hopefully by the end of August, I'll return back to my normal blogging. 

So in the meantime, I'm finally getting around to the 7 Links Project Sara at Sara in Le Petit Village nominated me for back in July.  I've been excited to tackle this, so here we go!

...........................................................
The 7 Links Project is where, "bloggers publish 7 links from their blog to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again."  (FYI - the topics came along with the nomination.)


1) My most beautiful post: I'm not sure what constitutes a beautiful post.  Is it the pictures?  The subject matter?  How well written it is?  Beats me.  So I've selected my Father's Day Post because I think my dad is a beautiful person.


2) My most popular post: This one isn't clear cut to me either.  What makes a post popular?  The number of comments?  The number of hits?  The post I've selected didn't get many comments, however it has gotten the most number of hits: Vanilla Buttercream Cake.  Considering I had no idea what I was doing, I always giggle seeing that the number of hits for this cake towers above all my other posts.


3) My most controversial post:  I don't have a good one for this.  I'm not very controversial on my blog, or at least, I don't mean to be.  Since I can't think of anything that ruffled anyone's feathers, I'll go with the Cinco de Mayo Table Decor Post, not because there was anything controversial about it, but because Mr. Stranded had given me a challenge which I accepted...and failed.  But not by much!


4) My most helpful post:  Helpful?  Beats me.  I'm not very good at this Link Project am I?  I suppose my most helpful post would be the Elegant Dinner Party Menu (and Recipes).  I provide an entire menu that can be prepared a day in advance and also a timeline of when to cook each item in order to maximize your time in the kitchen.





5) A post whose success surprises me:  Honestly, they all surprise me.  But I was glad to see how much people liked the DIY Monogrammed Coasters Post because this really was a fun project.  They were so easy to make and The H's seem to use them all the time.  It's high on my "Do Again" list.


6) A post I feel didn’t get the attention it deserved:  I had just started blogging when I wrote this post, so it's not surprising that it didn't receive much attention, but I think that my Elegant Dinner Party Centerpiece Post didn't get as much attention as it deserved.  Maybe the pictures don't do it justice, but it was beautiful in person.


7) The post I am most proud of:  I'm most proud of all of the posts related to my Easter Dinner Party.  I had so much fun planning this party and we had such a spectacular time with our friends.  And as if that's not enough, Mr. H said it was the best meal he's ever had in his life, including restaurants.  And whenever the party is mentioned, he makes that comment.  Makes a hostess feel pretty great! 

...........................................................

I'm passing on the Nominations to:


6 comments:

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

I look forward to reading some of your prior posts.

I have to say the photo of the cake looked good.

Glad you are well.

Adrienne said... [Reply]

I'll have to read your previous posts - especially the Easter post.

I am glad to see you popped in to put up a post! xo

Miss T said... [Reply]

YAY! glad to see you're back - even for a little minute! I heart all of your posts, and an avid reader right from the start!
T xx

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Hines-Sight Thanks! The cake tasted pretty good. It was the first cake I've ever made.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Adrienne Hi!! The Easter party was so much fun and I made a number of crafts for it as well. I don't know that I'll do it again because it was an enourmous amount of work, but maybe that's why I'm so proud of it.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Miss T You really have been an avid reader from the start! You were the first one to post comments on my blog other than friends and family. And you've been a loyal follower ever since :) And by the way, I heart your posts more!!