Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Recipe | Recipes | Grilled Pork Ribs

As you know, my family went to the beach last week.  With almost 30 people staying together, we have a fair system in place with regards to cooking dinner.  Each individual family is responsible for feeding the crowd at least one night during the week. 

Our night was the "young adult" night.  The young couples joined efforts and each took responsibility of an item: main dish, sides, dessert, appetizers, signature drink, etc.  Mr. Stranded and I were responsible for the meat. 

At the beginning of the summer, Mr. and Mrs. H had us over for a BBQ (remember these coasters) and they served some amazing baby back ribs.  They were tender, flavorful, and quite honestly, delicious!  Mrs. H was nice enough to give me her recipe when my parents came to visit and the ribs received such rave reviews, that we decided to cook them for the beach crowd.

These babies were a hit!  There wasn't a single rib left over and people were licking their fingers. 

Mrs. H gave me this piece of advice that I'll share with you: make sure you seed the chipotles and do not use more chipotles than what the recipe calls otherwise your mouth will be on fire.


Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Yields: 8 servings

4 chipotle chiles packed in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped\
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1-1/2 Tbsp paprika
1-1/2 Tbsp ground cumin (I omitted the cumin, but the original recipe calls for it)
1-1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
1-1/2 Tbsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground cloves
3 slabs baby back pork ribs, about 6 lbs total
1 c mild BBQ sauce (such as Jack Daniels)
salt

1. To make the chipotle paste, combine chiles through cloves in a mini-chop food processor.  Add 2 tsp salt.  Pulse until smooth.
2. Remove any fat or remaining silver skin from ribs.  Dry with a paper towel.  Place ribs on a rimmed baking sheet, overlapping if needed.  Brush chipotle paste over the ribs, coating them on both sides.  Loosely wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for a more intense flavor.
3. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.  Remove ribs from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.  Roast 2 hours, until tender, flipping midway through cooking time.
4. Heat a grill to medium-high heat.  Brush slabs with BBQ sauce and grill 5 minutes per side.
5. Transfer slabs to a cutting board and cut into individual rib sections. Arrange on a platter and serve while hot.

5 comments:

Miss T said... [Reply]

Thats weird. I was JUST looking up a recipe for this very thing. Now I want them even more!
Finger lickin' goodness!
T x

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

Just got your note:
I need to find your e-mail, but here is what I said on the blog.

Mrs. Stranded, you are a long-time follower of my blog, and consistently comment on my blog. Thanks for telling me that you do not have a Facebook account. Since you are such a loyal follower, consider yourself entered.

If you want to mention in your post about the giveaway when you link up that would be great, and make-up for not joining in on the fun in FB.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Hines-Sight That's really nice of you - thanks! I'll be sure to mention the give-away on my chicken post next week.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Miss T Good! I'm glad you found what you were looking for! I hope you enjoy these. This is my favorite rib recipe by far.

Jen-uinely Inspired said... [Reply]

Now I'm craving ribs! At 8am!! lol.