I'm Back!!! | Random | Beach Vacation

Hello, everyone!  I'm back from vacation.  Last week Mr. Stranded and I went to the beach with my family.  Now when most people hear family vacation, they think: mom, dad, siblings, and kids...but when I say family vacation, I mean grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, siblings, great-grand kids, even extended relatives.  Basically, the whole kit and caboodle.

We had an amazing time!  Internet access was a bit spotty, so there was no blogging and minimal checking of e-mails.  And I have to say, having limited access to the outside world was exactly what I needed for a week.  Instead of spending my time in front of a computer, I spent it going on runs with Mr. Stranded, reminiscing with my family, staying up late with the "young adults" aka hubby, brother, sister-in-law, cousins and their spouses, playing with my nieces, reading on the beach and eating until I couldn't possibly eat any more!


One night, my nieces wanted to go to the beach after dinner.  So I took them and managed to snap the photo above before the sun set.  It was a magical feeling being alone with the girls, a gentle breeze blowing through the air, playing tag in the sand, collecting shells, singing songs, and watching the sun set together.  It was one of those snapshots in time where I was overcome with pure happiness and thought, "I hope I never forget this moment." 

And then the week ended and I had to say good-bye.  By the time Mr. Stranded and I started our drive back to Cleveland, I was choked up and teary-eyed already missing the girls.  The twins went back down South and the older girls move to Paris in two weeks.  Yes, Paris.  My sister-in-law's job is relocating them there for the next two years.  The older girls, 9 and 6, are my little pals.  So a two year stint in Paris seems like forever.  On a positive note, at least Mr. Stranded and I know where we'll be vacationing next year!!  Additionally, my eldest niece in the teal t-shirt will be launching her brand new blog soon!  She is going to review Paris's cafes and bistros.  Once it's officially live, I'll share the link with you.

I have a ton of posts that I'll get around to later this week: Week 8 Insanity Review, Chipotle Baby-Back Ribs recipe, Blueberry Pie recipe, the 7 Links Project that Sara Louise at Sara in Le Petit Village nominated me to complete, and lots more!

So stay tuned.  More to come!

11 comments:

Shana said... [Reply]

A great family reunion...I've also got family scattered throughout the world...I hope to set up something like this one day.
~Shana

Sarah said... [Reply]

I love acknowledging the "I never want to forget this moment" moments, right when they're happening. Priceless.
Funny, too, that my niece just launched her own blog...she's quite the photographer.
Glad to hear you had a fab time on your vacay -- limited (or no) internet access is good for the soul, now and again. :-)

Paula said... [Reply]

Shivers go done my spine when I look at the photo! I captured these magic moments in Britanny two years ago, those families at the beach, so peaceful and calm and sweet!

My sister just left for her vacation, I rather not join them (family of 5), but mostly because they decided to visit a club in Croatia that is everything but peaceful, calm and sweet. :-)

Somedays the air in Vienna is very humid and it reminds us all of the seaside. Then we stand in front of the office and take deep breaths and smile at each other.

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

Welcome back. It sounded like a great vacation. What beach do you go to with your family?

My recipe/tip link is up now, and will be through 8/15.

Miss T said... [Reply]

YAY! you're back! I wanna go to the beach!! hope you had a great time!
T xx

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Shana It's always a blast getting the family together. It's the one time each year we're garaunteed to all be together. I hope you're able to set something up with your family soon!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Sarah Be sure to share the link for your niece's blog. I could certainly use any tips she can give!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Paula I have to admit, the week was not entirely peaceful, calm and sweet. It was rather chaotic, unfortunately. My poor grandmother fell, hit her head and had to get stitches on the very first day. And then because of some internal bleeding, she had to stay in the hospital for 5-1/2 days. Luckily, she's ok now. But I think that was one of the reasons I cherished that moment with my nieces so much. Because for that moment in time, everything felt perfect.

All-in-all, though, we had a wonderful time together and all enjoyed each other's company. I hope you're able to relive your Britanny experience soon!

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Hines-Sight Normally, we go to the Outer Banks, but this year we went to Orient Point on the North Fork of Long Island. If you're not familiar with the North fork, the Hamptons are on the South fork, so it's just North of the Hamptons. We chose this location so my grandmother could join us. The Outer Banks has become too long of a drive for her. It was different, but still very nice.

I promise to get a recipe/tip up soon! Just still getting back in the swing of things :)

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Miss T Lucky for you, you have some of the most beautiful beaches in your neck of the woods! What I would give to go back...

We had a great time! It was just too short, but then again, 1-week vacations usually are!

Gina said... [Reply]

Oh how sweet, can't wait to hear about your niece's adventures in Paris. I think we all need a break from the digital age from time to time. Glad you are back.
-Gina-