I'm finally done with Insanity and I am thrilled to share the results with you! This was an interesting 9 weeks and while on a weekly basis I wasn't seeing my desired results, taking a step back and reviewing the program in its entirety, I couldn't be happier.
I received a comment that Insanity is not meant for women. And I'm here to tell you that it absolutely, 100% IS meant for both men and women. Yes, my legs bulked up during the second month, but what was important is that I knew my body and I knew to make some modifications to get my desired results. After my modifications, my thighs have already slimmed back down and they are way more toned than they were originally! You can't argue with toned thighs!
But enough of me trying to convince you that Insanity is for women. I'll let my results speak for themselves.
PROGRAM COMPLETION REFLECTIONS AND RESULTS
- I'm baring it all and telling you my actual measurements. Eek! Keep in mind that even at my heaviest, I was still well within my height/weight range. I mention this only because shedding pounds/inches when you're not technically overweight is challenging and I credit Insanity with this:
- Weight: 119.2 lbs (started at 123.4 lbs)
- Waist: 25-3/8" (started at 27")
- Hips: 37-3/4" (started at 39-1/2")
- Thighs: 22-1/4" (started at 22-1/2"; not significant, but they are toned now)
- Calves: 14-3/8" (started at 15-1/2")
- Knees: 15" (started at 15-3/4")
- Bust: 34" (never took a before measurement, but I don't think it's changed)
- Arms: 10-1/8" (never took a before measurement because my arms are tiny, but they're extremely defined now and my shoulders look great!)
- I still want to lose additional inches off my thighs and hips, and I have another 5-6 lbs to lose, but my metabolism is on fire! The weight seems to be melting off these days and I don't think it will be much longer before I've reached my goal.
- My stamina, speed and endurance are through the roof. Yesterday, Mr. Stranded and I ran 5 miles in 38 minutes. Prior to Insanity, I was running 9-10 minute miles. Now I'm running 7-8 minute miles. My leg muscles are strong and ready for a 1/2 marathon!
- Going into this program, I was looking at it as a way to lose weight. I lost sight that Insanity is a total body make-over, getting me in the best shape of my life. I'm not kidding - running 5 miles was like a walk in the park yesterday compared to what we normally endured with Insanity. Neither Mr. Stranded nor I were winded after our run and both felt fantastic.
- Would I recommend this program: Yes, I would. But I would recommend it as a way to get your body back in its ultimate performance shape so that you can maximize your cardio work-outs later and burn calories faster.
- Do I want to do it again: Absolutely not. I wouldn't mind repeating Month 1, but Month 2 was pure torture. But I'm really happy that I completed this program.
PROGRAM COMPLETION INCENTIVE REWARD
Nothing. I stopped caring about a reward. The last few weeks I've been doing Insanity because I wanted to, not because of the reward. Luckily, I had gone shopping, so there was always something to show you, but I didn't buy it specifically as an "Insanity Reward."
I did buy a new pairs or running shoes a few weeks ago, though, that I hadn't shared with you. With the training we'll be doing for the 1/2 marathon, I figured it was time I went to a running store and got my feet assessed. There's something to be said about going to a local store. They encouraged me to run in the sneakers outside the store before making a decision. As much as I wanted a pair of Brooks, I couldn't deny that the Saucony's felt better on my feet. And for the first time ever, I bought a pair of sneakers purely on how they felt and not on how they looked. A big step for me! And my feet has been insanely comfortable on our runs.
I just want to take the time to say a big thank you to all of you who followed me on this journey! Your comments and support spurred me on, especially on days I didn't have it in me to do an Insanity work-out. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my blogging friends.
1/2 Marathon - here we come!!!! Week 1 down. 13 more to go!