La Petite Critique in Paris | Random | My New Favorite Blog

This is probably the last post for the week, but I couldn't resist taking a few minutes to tell you about my new favorite blog.  As you all know by now, I'm the proud aunt, aka "Zia," to my amazingly wonderful nieces.  Last week, my brother and his family moved to Paris for a two year stint.  While I will certainly miss the girls, I can't deny that this is an incredible opportunity for them.

My eldest niece, let's call her Niece A, is a sweet, smart nine-year-old.  She is a self-proclaimed "foodie" and has said that eating is her favorite hobby.  A girl after my own heart!  The wide variety of food she and her sister, "C", eat is astounding, especially for kids their ages.  For instance, they've been eating sushi since being in high chairs.  And if you were to ask them what their favorite food is, they'd answer, "Nonna's [grandma's] artichokes."  Clearly, these girls appreciate good food.

That's why I was so excited when "A" decided to become a nine-year-old food critic reviewing Paris's cafes and bistros! 

Niece A.
Doesn't she fit right in to Paris?

She's started her own blog called La Petite Critique in Paris.  She's only been in Paris for five days and she's already posted her first review.  Check it out!  And according to my brother, "La Petite Critique" has eaten frog legs and escargot within her first four days there.  So there's sure to be many more exciting reviews to come.



By the way - "La Petite Critique" drew that header free-hand.  Impressive, huh?

So as she says, Join me as I review Paris’s cafés and bistros. It’s sure to be a great adventure!

11 comments:

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

Oh my gosh, she is adorable, and her header is fantastic. She will become a famous foodie. I am so impressed with her skills, and the opportunities she has available to her right now. I will definitely enjoy seeing her blog.

Tracy Wood said... [Reply]

This could be my new favorite blog also! So GREAT! I subscribed!

Sarah said... [Reply]

How cute is your niece??? What an exciting opportunity for her. It seems that places you visit as a kid become lost in a jumble of memories, or you are simply too young to really appreciate them. She, however, is doing something that will really make her experience indelible. Good for her. She's lucky to have a sweet aunt, too.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Hines-Sight Thanks for becoming one of her followers and for leaving a comment. She was so excited and emailed me to tell me she had "13 comments and like 10 followers already!" She really is just adorable.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Tracy Wood Tracy, thanks for leaving "A" a comment and for subscribing to her feeds! It's a great experience for her and she seems very eager to do this. She already has her second post up. At this rate, my brother will be broke by the time the two years is over with all the eating out ;)

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Sarah I agree with you. I think the blog will be a good way for her to really remember her time in Paris. She called me from Paris yesterday and when I asked her what was her favorite thing about Paris so far she answered, "Well the food, of course!" Yup. That makes sense!

Lara said... [Reply]

She' so pretty and such an innovative child! Loved seeing her review and looking forward to seeing lots more.

annie said... [Reply]

How adorable! I just left your darling niece a comment and will tell my friend and her daughter about her blog. They spent two years in Paris and all three kids are fluent in French. What a great experience at a young age.

xo annie

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Lara That's so sweet of you to say! She is such a pretty little girl and very smart for her age. Thanks for taking a look at her blog! I'm even more proud of hers than of mine.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@annie Annie, thanks so much for leaving a comment for her! She has been enjoying receiving each one and the more comments she receives, the more confidence she'll have to keep going. Thanks again.

Lisa P said... [Reply]

Your niece is too cute! And so enterprising - I'm going to go sign up now. Any kid who loves sushi is a kid after my own heart (all 3 of mine were weaned on it) - so I know I'll learn a lot from her. What a great aunt you are!