Autumn Birthday Celebration | Menu | Orange & Blue Menu Design



Happy Autumn!  It's been a while since I last posted about a party.  We've certainly had several get-togethers over the summer, but for whatever reason, they never made it to the blog.

September is a popular month for birthdays amongst our friends, so we kicked off the Fall with a birthday bash.  And not surprisingly, we had a blast!  The date for the party kept moving for a variety of reasons and we finally settled on a Sunday lunch...on Friday!  Everything I cooked required minimal advanced planning and was very easy to throw together.

Mr. Stranded was one of the birthday boys, so I didn't want to cook anything that would require a massive clean-up afterwards knowing he would surely help - that just wouldn't be fair to him!  Many of the dishes I made could be prepped in advance and tossed in the oven closer to eating time.  So I woke up early on Saturday morning to prepare a few dishes before Mr. Stranded awoke and this plan made for a relatively easy and relaxed lunch on Sunday.  I cooked seasonal fruits, meats and vegetables which helped me get into the Fall spirit.  I sure do love roasted vegetables and there's nothing quite like seared duck in September.

Mrs. H was kind enough to contribute the desserts and they were fantastic!!  You may be wondering why we decided on a peach cobbler instead of something more seasonal like apple.  It's because we are all crazy about Mrs. H's peach cobbler and it was a specific request.  This is one recipe you don't want to miss!  I'll post it later in the week.

Click here to see the table décor.  Click on blue links below to be redirected to recipes.  All recipes should be up over the course of the next week or two.

Inspiration for Design found here

Autumn Birthday Celebration Menu

Hors D'Oeuvres



Citrus-Spiced Olives



Brie en Croute



Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli




Starter



Vegetable Lasagna




Salad





Autumn Salad with Roasted Apples and Pears





Entrée



Duck Breast with Pomegranate-Blueberry Sauce




Sides



Garlic Mashed Potatoes




Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Carrots and Parsnips



Desserts



More Than "Cake" Cupcakes


Peach Cobbler





Signature Drink








"Triple Birthday Bash"






3 comments:

Adrienne said... [Reply]

Oh my gosh! That does not look easy to put together, but I will take your word for it. I would seriously be pulling out my hair if I took that on - even if a friend brought dessert.

Happy birthday to Mr. Stranded...

xo, Adrienne

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

I agree with Adrienne. Gorgeous party. Great menu. Love the design. The recipes look fabulous. You are talented.

Sarah | Coffee and Cabernet said... [Reply]

WOW! I would PASS OUT if required to make that menu. My hat is off to you. Seriously, if I tried that, I'd have to video tape it so that I could rewind and watch the train wreck.
You make it look so easy.
Oh, and I love the menu design.