Burton Antiques Market | Random | Fabulous Friday Find

The Burton Antiques Market came to Cleveland last weekend.  I have been so swamped and slightly overwhelmed lately, that I had no intention of going.  I couldn't think of a single item I needed, but was very aware of the laundry list of chores on my To Do list.

A couple of friends insisted this was one antiques fair I didn't want to miss.  Reluctantly I agreed to go and was in for quite a surprise.  Perhaps I should have done my research first, but this antiques fair was held on the Geauga County Fairgrounds and had over 400 antiques dealers!  I'm not sure what I was expecting because I showed up wearing driving mocs to walk through the mud.  But as soon as I looked around, I couldn't have cared less about my shoes.  The antiques were phenomenal!!  I showed some restraint and came home with just two items.


Full Size Bed Headboard, Footboard and Rails: $80
I wasn't looking for a headboard, but I saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought, "Well isn't that interesting?"  I snapped the photo below with my phone to text the picture to Mr. Stranded.  We currently have a full-sized bed in one of the guest rooms that needed a headboard.  I figure that if we ever have a little girl, how pretty would this look painted white?  But of course I'm getting ahead of myself...First we need to have a girl, then a crib and then a bed.  But one can dream, right?  (Those scratch marks on the footboard was just dirt.  It was a muddy morning, so it washed off easily once home.)



Vanity Mirrored Tray: $10
At some point in my life, someone decided that I liked crystal perfume bottles even though I don't wear perfume.  And before I knew it, I had quite the collection to the point I finally had to ask people to stop giving me perfume bottles.  I had nowhere to put all of them!  These perfume bottles were literally taking over my dresser.  I had been looking for a simple, but pretty vanity tray were I could display my favorite bottles and happened upon one at the fair.  It has intricate silver handles and feminine, curvy shape.  My vanity now looks much neater.  As for the rest of the bottles?  I packed them away for now.

 




I already told my mom that the next time this Fair is in town, she's coming to visit!

3 comments:

Sarah | Coffee and Cabernet said... [Reply]

Um...FABULOUSNESS! Those are some serious finds, Mrs. Stranded. I might just invite myself next year. Ha ha ha. By the way, sorry for my lack of response this week. Ahhhh! I'll explain in my next email. ;-)

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

My son sleeps on a twin bed that looks just like what you purchased. They were my mom's beds as a child. We had them refinished. They look good.

Jen-uinely Inspired said... [Reply]

LOVE the headboard! I think it will look perfect painted white.