Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Carrots and Parsnips | Recipe | Oven-Roasted Vegetables

I have so many new things to share with you that I'm excited I'm almost done with all of my Autumn Birthday Bash posts!  I'm diverting from the Birthday Bash later today to share with you another Fabulous Friday Find, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, I have to share that Brussel sprouts is my favorite vegetable.  You know the joke about how kids won't eat their Brussel sprouts?  That wasn't me.  I was the girl requesting Brussel sprouts for her birthday. 

This isn't necessarily my favorite Brussel sprouts recipe, but it is one of the easiest and I like the combination of sprouts, carrots and parsnips.  It's an easy and delicious side dish to prepare in a snap.  I think that roasting these vegetables is flavor enough in themselves, but feel free to add some dried parsley, basil, thyme or marjoram.


Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Carrots and Parsnips Recipe
Yields: 6 servings

2 c Brussel sprouts, halved
3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2" thick slices
3 large parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-1/2" thick slices
3 Tbsp olive oil
sea salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet. 
2. Combine Brussel sprouts, carrots, and parsnips in a large bowl.  Toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.  Spread the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet.
3. Place baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring half-way through cooking time.

3 comments:

Tracy Wood said... [Reply]

Well, I never requested brussel sprouts on my birthday, but I do totally love them! Roasting them is a great way to bring out their flavor. I am going to add parsnips next time!

Miss T said... [Reply]

sending you a virtual brussel sprout cake! YAY!
T xx

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

I love Brussel sprouts. Love them.