Sweet Potato Fries | Recipe | Baked Sweet Potatoes

I have a weakness for sweet potatoes, especially sweet potato fries.  I could eat them every day and never tire of them.  It's one of the only things that really makes me happy that Autumn has returned. 

The other night we were out to dinner with some friends.  Mr. Stranded had ordered a burger and fries.  For an additional $1, he could upgrade the fries to sweet potato fries.  I exclaimed, "Get the sweet potato fries!" with such gusto, the entire table started cracking up!  What can I say?  I really like sweet potato fries!

This recipe is so simple, I'm almost embarrassed to post it.  There's nothing complicated to it.  They have a crispy outside with a soft inside.  These are so good and so simple, I'm making them again for dinner tonight.  Serve along with garlic aioli for a tangy dipping sauce.

Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Yields: 4-6 servings

5 sweet potatoes, cut into about 1" x 5" x 1/2" strips
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss sweet potato fries with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place sweet potato strips on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.  Bake until golden, about 40-45 minutes.  Shake tray occasionally.
4. Serve with garlic aioli.

1 comments:

annie said... [Reply]

These look so good and I love how they look in the little glass with parchment paper...such a nice way to serve them.