Mrs. H's Famous Peach Crisp | Recipe | Peach Cobbler

Thank you so much to all of you who left comments on the 10k race post!  I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to each comment, but please know how much I appreciate them!

Since I'm out of the country, I asked MontanaWildflower (aka Mrs. H) if she would be a guest blogger this week and post her fabulous Peach Cobbler recipe.  She graciously agreed and has written the post below.  Thank you, Mrs. H!  Folks, this is one recipe you don't want to miss!

Without further ado, here is Mrs. H's post:

I'm honored to have been asked to blog in Mrs. S's absence.  My husband and I were lucky enough to have been invited to the Autumn Birthday Celebration.  When Mrs. S throws a party, she really throws a party.  And my husband and I NEVER turn down an invitation to the Strandeds' home.  Both Mr. S and Mr. H love peaches so we thought a peach crisp would be a perfect dessert for the Autumn Birthday Celebration.

I got this recipe from a friend in a book club when I first moved to Cleveland.  It was originally on apple crisp and loved it so much, I've adapted it to fit almost any fruit.  There are no exacts with this recipe; it's generally 'a throw in until it tastes good' kitchen experience.  Here's my peach version.

Mrs. H's Famous Peach Crisp Recipe
Yields: 6 servings

4 - 5 cups peeled and sliced peaches, fresh are the best
2 - 3 T lemon juice
1/2 - 3/4 c sugar
1 - 2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c flour or 2 T corn starch to thicken depending on how juicy the peaches are


TOPPING:
1 c oatmeal
1 c sugar
3/4 c flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c melted butter


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
2. To make peach mixture, mix peaches through flour and pour into baking pan.  I use a 3 quart ceramic baking dish. 
3. To make the topping, mix together the the dry ingredients and stir in the melted butter.  Top the peaches with the crisp mixture. 
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes until the crisp is golden brown and bubbly around the edges. 

0 comments: