Rosemary Spiced Pecans | Recipe | Quick & Easy

Rosemary is a staple in Italian cooking.  Each member of my family has a huge rosemary bush that is carefully cared for and maintained.  It's covered with glass each winter and watered regularly during the summer.  When my mom or grandmother would cook, they'd often send me with a pair of scissors to snip some fresh herbs to throw into the dish.  And rosemary was always at the top of the list.

It's no wonder that rosemary is one of my favorite herbs.  The smell brings me back to my childhood and the flavor enhances many dishes.  What's not to like? 

Do you have a favorite herb?  If so, what is it and why?

This easy recipe always disappears within minutes.  I don't even tell Mr. S that I've made them because then he'll sneak one every time I turn my back and they're gone before company even arrives.  And I should admit it takes will power on my part not to eat them myself!  These pecans are a tasty treat and you can't eat just one. 

Rosemary Spiced Pecans
Yields: 2 c

3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1-1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 c pecan halves
4 tsp chopped fresh rosemary

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Melt the butter in a medium skillet over Medium heat.  Stir in the sugar, cayenne pepper, and salt.  Add pecans and coat well.
2. Transfer pecans to a rimmed baking sheet lined with a Silpat or tin foil.  Bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 10 minutes. 
3. Place pecans in a bowl and add rosemary.  Toss to combine. 

MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Pecans can be prepared up to one week in advance and stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.

2 comments:

Gina said... [Reply]

I was just thinking about my Thanksgiving menu, these shall be on it. Rosemary is my favorite too, I have a bush in the front yard. Luckily it doesn't freeze here so I don't have to fuss over it. Looks like you have your menu in full swing. Hoping your week is going well.
-Gina-

Adrienne said... [Reply]

I am on a sugarfree and flour-free program right now - I know, great time of year to choose to do that.
I wonder if these would work with a sugar substitute like Stevia or Splenda?

My favorite herb is basil....but I like rosemary lots too. xo, A