Thanksgiving Dinner | Menu | Cornucopia Menu Design



Don't you just love Thanksgiving?  It's a time for family and friends to get together, enjoy each other's company and eat some good food.  And more importantly, it's a day to be thankful for the various blessings in our lives such as family, friends, our health, and in this economy, perhaps even our jobs. 

The first year we were living in Cleveland, I was devestated when I found out that Mr. S had to work the day after Thanksgiving.  It meant we couldn't go home.  Being newly married, divvying up holidays between our two families was adjustment enough.  But not being able to go home at all to see either family?!  I could not imagine receiving worse holiday news. 

Little did I know that this was all par for the course when married to a doctor and that spending holidays in Cleveland would not be uncommon.  Since Mr. S is an attending, I had assumed requesting time off wouldn't be an issue.  Apparently, that's not the way things work.  Oh, goodness.  What had I gotten myself into by moving to Cleveland?

To my surprise, if we can't go to our families, they'll come to us!  Or at least those who are able.  And hosting Thanksgiving is something I've come to truly enjoy.  I still hope to move back East one day and host Thanksgiving for the entire clan.  But for now, I'm happy.  Because I'm thankful for the life Mr. Stranded and I have together, for our family who so willingly makes the trek to be with us, and for the many blessings God has given us.

As for the recipes, given the decadent nature of the starch dishes, I tried to balance the menu with some simple, healthy vegetable dishes.  Click on blue links below to be redirected to recipes.  Recipes without links will be posted shortly.  To see Table Décor, click here.  Click on the menu below to enlarge.

I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Menu Inspiration found here



Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

Hors D'Oeuvres




 Rosemary Spiced Pecans



Baked Parmesan Leaf Crisps



Brie en Croute






Antipasti Tray




Starter


Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Sage Croutons





Salad



Heritage Greens with Fried Shallots and Goat Cheese




Entrée



Turkey with Sage and Cider Gravy





Sides



Apple, Shallot and Herb Stuffing





Mashed Potaotes with Roasted Garlic and Mascarpone Cheese




Sweet Potato Casserole with Crunchy Pecan Topping



Root-Vegetable Gratin




Cranberry, Ginger and Lemon Chutney



Green Beans with Wild Mushrooms and Walnuts



Port-Glazed Baby Carrots 



Tri-Color Roasted Pepper Salad




Lemony Swiss Chard









Cauliflower Salad with Parsley-Caper Vinaigrette






Desserts



Apple Pie 






Pumpkin Cheesecake




Pumpkin Chiffon Pie







Rustic Pistacchio Pear Tart

5 comments:

Sara Louise said... [Reply]

Your menu looks GOOOOOD!
This Thanksgiving I'll be celebrating with fellow expats in France. It will be my first proper Thanksgiving since living here and I'm so excited!
Hope you have a wonderful one :-)

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Sara Louise I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving in France! My brother and his family, living in Paris, are celebrating Thanksgiving, but is having a hard time finding the turkey.

Angie's Recipes said... [Reply]

Your Thanksgiving menu sounds so promising and exciting. There are a few of starts that I would really love...the soup looks extremely comforting and good.

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

Happy Thanksgiving! What a beautiful menu. Gorgeous spread.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Paula said... [Reply]

I love your menue! And I would love even more being on the guest list. You are a chef!