Thanksgiving Table Décor | Painted Gourds Centerpiece | Turkey Napkin Rings

The pictures to follow were taken last Thanksgiving before I was blogging, so I don't have as much to show you as I normally would, such as place cards or the Hors D'ouevre Table.   But I may as well share with you the photos I do have.

Place Setting: Thanksgiving is the perfect occasion to use our fine china.  I often talk about our formal china, but I don't think I've mentioned our pattern yet.  It's Tiffany & Co's Platinum band.  It's simple and classic with a platinum band around the perimeter and platinum brushed dots within the band.  Sadly enough, the Limoges factory closed a couple of years ago and my beloved pattern was discontinued.  So everyone is off the hook helping with dishes.  It would probably be more accurate to say that everyone is too scared to help with the dishes!  But I continue to use it often.  Better to enjoy it than let is sit and collect dust!

As for the table linens, I chose an ivory damask to keep with the formal feel and compliment the warm, inviting Autumn tones.  I had debated using a burnt orange or brown, but the ivory looked the best with the china.

Centerpiece: I shared pictures of the centerpiece last week, but as a reminder, I painted pumpkins and gourds in shades of silver and gold.  I placed them over a runner made of berry vine.  Click here to see more pictures. 

Napkin Rings:  Since I opted to use our formal china and damask table linens, I felt that painted pumpkins and gourds were enough to indicate we were celebrating Thanksgiving.  I had wanted these Arthur Court turkey napkin rings, but I could just hear Mr. Stranded saying, "You spent how much on napkin rings that can only be used once a year?"  So I did a little searching and found these cute napkin rings instead.  They're a nice, heavy weight and I wish I had bought more!

I just want to point out that I realized after the photos were taken that the napkins were inserted into the napkin ring upside down.  I did fix it before guests arrived, but did not have a chance to retake the pictures.


Other: Here's where I would show you the place cards and Hors D'ouevre table.  Since I never took those pictures, I'll take this opportunity to show you these crystal knife stands.  My mom gave these to us and they are the greatest little table accessory ever.  You know when you use a utensil, such as a knife, but then the salad plate is cleared - where do you place your knife?  Most ladies will place the dirty knife on the dinner plate and not on the clean tablecloth, but if you're anything like my husband, the clean tablecloth is as good a spot as any.  Now, guests can place the knife or any other utensil on the stand as they wait for the next course to be served.  Nifty, huh?

That's all I have to share with you this year.  Click here to see my Thanksgiving Menu.  Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Adrienne said... [Reply]

In case you don't already know, Replacements (dot) com has discontinued pieces. That is where I buy my great-grandmother's china.

Love the knife stands...what an interesting addition to the table and useful, too!

You set a beautiful table last year...your guets must have felt very special.

Mrs. Stranded said... [Reply]

@Adrienne We're lucky that we have a complete set thus far (knock on wood, please don't let this jinx us!) It's a great story. Since Tiffany's website crashed the week of our wedding, our registry could not be accessed and guests were complaining to Tiffany's that they didn't know what else we needed. So...Tiffany's comped the rest of our registry! We received thousands of dollars in china compliments of Tiffany's. Talk about excellent Customer Service!!

My mom gave us those knife stands for our 1-month anniversary. Random anniversary to celebrate. I think she was just excited to give them to us!

Hope you and the family have a great Thanksgiving!