Christmas Table Décor | Amaryllis Centerpiece | Red Holiday Table Décor

A belated Merry Christmas to my dear family and friends!  Our family members were spread throughout the globe this year, so instead of heading back to New York to celebrate with family, we stayed in Cleveland and celebrated Christmas at home.  Admittedly, I was worried I'd be homesick and miss my family terribly.  But I was so thrilled that my mother-in-law so willingly made the trip to Cleveland and some friends joined us as well.  I enjoyed myself immensely as I planned and decorated.  Each detail kept my Christmas spirit soaring!

Place Setting:  My mom decorates her table each year with Spode's Christmas Tree dinnerware and has indicated that when I take over Christmas for good, the dishes will come to me.  So as much as I wanted to run out and buy Christmas dishes, I resisted the urge.  I attempted an elegant table incorporating splashes of red where possible for a Christmas feel.


Since our china is simple, I added a red charger.  For table linens, I found a beautiful textured/quilted, ivory damask tablecloth that had a subtle sheen to it.  I also placed solid red napkins between the dinner plate and salad plate so that every other layer would be cream/red/cream/red/cream.



Centerpiece:  The centerpiece consisted of three components.  I made a small boxwood wreath that I placed in the center of the table with four pillar candles of varying heights.  I flanked either end of the table with crystal trumpet vases filled with amaryllis and fresh-cut pine needle branches.  (A little tip on amaryllis, the night before your dinner, fill your vase with hot water and place the cut stems in the hot water.  The amaryllis will open up overnight.)



Party Favors/Place Cards: I wanted to give everyone a wrapped gift that could placed at each place setting.  So I made some Nutella truffles, wrapped them is some pretty silver and gold wrapping paper I found a Papyrus and tied it with some red ribbon.


Using a thin, gold paint pen, I calligraphied each person's name on a gift tag and attached it to each truffle box.  The gift tag doubled as a place card.


Lighting: Garland was hung around the front door, down the banister, over the living room fireplace mantle, and to bring it into the dining room, I hung it in the chandelier making a wreath.  The garland was adorned with varying pines, bay leaves and pine cones.  Hanging on every other chandelier arm was a glazed, glass red ornament.


Chairs: I couldn't resist adding a little "flair" (as Mr. Stranded calls it) to the chairs.  I tied thick, satin red ribbons around each chair with a spray of pine, red berries and pine cones.



Final Touches: I also incorporated just a few final touches:

Food Cards for each dish,

and a small, fresh holly arrangement snipped from the holly bushes in our front yard.

The Christmas Menu and recipes will be posted shortly.  I have to say, for my first Christmas away from home, it was great!  I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas, as well.

5 comments:

Shana said... [Reply]

I wish you a belated Merry Christmas as well...and I am always impressed with your perfect table setting, menu and everything else you do to bring together such a beautiful dinner party. Thanks for sharing this with us. ~Shana

Tracy Wood said... [Reply]

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! Your table looks so pretty!

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

What a beautiful table. Gorgeous. Love the christmas box. So glad you had a merry holiday. Merry Christmas!

Linz said... [Reply]

Love, love, love everything!!!!!! You're so talented!

TinaMarie said... [Reply]

Beautiful! Love the ribbon adorning the chairs