Red Berry Wreaths | Craft | DIY Berry Wreath

Goodness, gracious!  Have three weeks gone by already?  I know, I know...you've heard me say this before, but I've been so busy these days!  My parents are going to visit my brother and his family in Paris this year for Christmas, plus Mr. Stranded has to work the week following Christmas.  So...Mr. Stranded and I are hosting Christmas in Cleveland!  I've been having so much fun decorating the house and planning each detail.  I can't wait to share it all with you, but I have a feeling I may not get around to it until after the holidays.

In the meantime, I'm going to share with you this easy project.  I said easy, but notice how I didn't say quick?  I had wanted some red berry wreaths to hang along the staircase banister.  But with price tags of $40 each, I couldn't justify the total cost on something I knew I could easily make myself.  I went to the Dollar Store and purchased some grapevine wreaths and bags of small red ball vase fillers for a total cost of approx $2.50/wreath.

My first thought was to spray the grapevine wreaths with glue and "dip" the wreath into the red berries.  Unfortunately, it didn't work...  No problem.  My next plan was to run a long piece of hot glue along the grapevine and quickly place the berries along the glue strip.  Worked well with regards to adhering the berries, but it left long gluey strings and did not look neat and clean.   So that left only one option - individually glue each and every ball.

As you can imagine, this was a time-consuming endeavor.  So, I worked on it little by little -- whenever I watched tv, was on the phone, on a conference call, essentially if my hands were free, I quickly busied them with gluing.  All-in-all, this project took about a week to complete, but I'm so thrilled with the end result!  Once the wreaths were finished, I tied red satin ribbons around each one, notched the ends and tied them to the banister.




Oh, and let me introduce you to my new little friend, Mr. Reindeer.  I found him when Mr. Stranded and I bought our Christmas tree.  He had too cute a face to leave him behind.  He's our own little "Elf on the Shelf" finding a new place in our home each day. 

7 comments:

Sara Louise said... [Reply]

Oh! I like Mr Reindeer! He's sweet.

Adrienne said... [Reply]

You are so talented! I always chuckle when you say it's easy because I know I would find a way to make it very difficult and complicated and it would look pathetic, too. I am just not crafty.

That little reindeer is so darling! I hope you have a wonderful holiday playing hostess. xoxo. A

Nicole said... [Reply]

Those are so pretty! You're so festive.

Miss T said... [Reply]

You havent blogged because you have been berry-glueing! I dont have that excuse. Mary Christmas Mrs S - they look amazing!

Hines-Sight said... [Reply]

Merry Christmas!!!

Love what you did. Love that banister.

Paula said... [Reply]

Hello Mrs Stranded! I am sure you are having a busy week, with all the final preperations. I wish you a joyful Merry Christmas!

Culinary Collage said... [Reply]

That's a really cute idea.......I love it.