Intimate Dinner Menu for Four | Menu | Chateaubriand Menu

One of the things I love most about my life is coming from a large, loving family.  Now that we live in Cleveland, I don't get to see them as much as I'd like.  I really miss our family dinners where we sit around the table, laughing, eating, drinking, and telling stories.  There's never a rush to clean up.  We enjoy each other's company to the fullest.  And no matter where I am, when I'm surrounded by family, I'm home.  So it's always a treat when family comes to visit.

Without going into too much detail, I've been undergoing some medical treatment and was feeling rather sorry for myself.  Whenever I'm sick or in pain, there's no one who can take care of me quite like my mom.  My parents have always been a source of strength and comfort in my life.  And Mr. Stranded has come to be a third son to them.  So when my parents decided to make the drive and cheer up their little girl, Mr. Stranded and I wanted to do something special to thank them for all they do for us.

I knew my parents did not want to see me fussing in the kitchen, so Mr. S and I put together a beautiful, yet simple Chateaubriand dinner where the more time-consuming dishes could be prepared in advance.  We had a wonderful night and weekend together, something I hope we can do again very soon.  And seeing my parents was just the medicine my spirits needed.

Recipes will be posted over the next week.

Intimate Dinner Menu for Four

Nibble




Capicola Bites with Melon, Basil and a Balsamic Reduction Drizzle






Salad




Arugula Salad with Sliced Red Apples, Goat Cheese and a Parmesan Wafer Crisp





Entrée



Chateaubriand served with a Veal Demi-Glace Sauce, an Arugula and Parsley Puree, over a Parsnip-Potato Mash stuffed Portobello Mushroom, along with Grilled Asparagus and Carrots, and Cauliflower Puffs




Dessert



Chamomile Infused Creme Anglaise with Candied Lemon Zest

8 comments:

Tracy Wood said... [Reply]

What a beautiful, beautiful menu! I am sure your parents loved it! Looking forward to the recipes. (hope you are feeling better each and every day!)

Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog) said... [Reply]

I hope you are doing well. You do a fabulous job on your presentation and cooking. I don't know if you saw my post on the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill last week, and the beet salad recipe that Chef Reale shared with me, but it would be up your alley. It is a Forbes Four Star restaurant.

I'll be thinking of you.

Share my Garden said... [Reply]

Oh, what a delicious meal Mrs Stranded. I hope that you are now feeling much better after a weekend with Mum and Dad. I'm glad that you cherish them, mine are much missed.

Sarah | Coffee and Cabernet said... [Reply]

Hi Mrs. Stranded! I'm trying to catch up and I just read this post...I hope you are feeling/doing well?!?!?!? Thinking of you and sending well wishes!
Sarah

Mamma said... [Reply]

It was a magnificent, elegant and absolutely delicious dinner! and waht presentation! Grazie! Your father and I were treated liked royalty and made to feel like royalty. Your Tiffany dishes certainly did not do justice to the dinner or your hospitality.
Loads of hugs and smooches.

Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog) said... [Reply]

Thinking of you. Haven't seen a post in awhile. Leigh

Leigh Powell Hines said... [Reply]

I've thought about you lately. Have you totally stopped blogging.

kacper@tastyquery.com said... [Reply]

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!